My mom often comes over on Sunday mornings for a cup of coffee. Today we took our coffee while hammering out the menu for Thanksgiving dinner.
It will be my first year hosting the turkey dinner in seven years and I'm so excited! I've already begun the preparations - cleaning windows, hanging wallpaper and trying to finish the conversion of *le garage* into a playroom. (There is nothing quite like the anticipation of house guests to get me moving on interiors projects!)
But back to dinner. With the help of family members who have offered to bring a dish, this is what we will all be eating come November 24th:
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Warm Cider Vinaigrette (can't. get. enough of it.)
- Cornbread (because the kids need a vegetable! :)
- Roasted Beets and Carrots with Goat Cheese Dressing (anything with Michael Pollan's name associated with it is a winner in my book)
- Roast Turkey - 16 lbs. (this will be the FIRST turkey I have ever cooked!)
- Lemony Mushroom-and-Pine-Nut Stuffing Muffins (because I need to break from tradition)
- Cranberry Jelly (because some family members just can't break with tradition ;)
- Mashed Potatoes
- Pumpkin Banana Tart (this dessert is killer - a modern twist on a traditional dessert)
This day last year: "(Homemade) Frozen Waffles"