Vacation posts - they are fast and furious at best. I have learned the hard way never to leave my camera back in the room as I always miss something spectacular if I do. But at the end of the day, I hardly feel enough of a spark to actually start a dialogue about any of it. Vacations are fun and fun can be exhausting!
That said, here are ten scribbles of things we did during a surprisingly painless seven hours spent traveling down the California Coast on Easter Day.
1. We stopped to...eh hem, *utilize open pastures*.
2. We drew each other pictures, while waiting for our green bananas to ripen on the dashboard.
3. We did a lot of decorating with stickers, first on paper, and then on ourselves.
4. We drove through TONS of agriculture and found ourselves giggling when we saw a scarecrow, flapping in the breeze, dressed in a hazmat suit. (tee-hee-hee)
5. We wore ourselves out firing spit balls at crop dusters in the Central Valley and so we grabbed sandwiches at Starbucks to refuel.
6. We obsessed over our chocolate chick - simply could not stop talking about it.
7. We kept busy with items found in our Easter basket.
8. We made another *stop*, this time in an old, vacant parking lot, next to a field and some retired train cars.
9. We burned off energy running...jumping...and climbing.
10. We did a lot of things over the course of day, but napping was not one of them.
Until finally, we arrived!